By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: April 30, 2015
This recipe is so smooth, creamy, light and refreshing with the flavor of mango and hint of coconut, making it perfect for a sunny afternoon (or anytime really!) If you don’t have access to fresh seasonal mango, try using organic dried mango soaked in water to soften the texture- the equivalent to 1 cup. Either way is delicious!
- ¼ cup coconut
- ¼ cup soaked dates
- ¼ cup of pecans
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- ½ a ripe mango
- 3 dried apricots soaked in water
- 3 tablespoons of coconut nectar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- ½ cup of almond milk
- Process all ingredients in your food processor until they are broken down and everything comes together. The mixture should be sticky and hold its form but still have texture.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set.
This recipe fits a small 9cm cake tin, for a larger full size cake simply double or triple the recipe.