By Chef: Jenny Mustard
Posted: December 7, 2015
Add a bright burst of refreshing sweet-tart citrus to your holiday dessert plans with this creamy cheesecake-like lime pie. The ingredient list is just as refreshing as the taste – simple and perfect for this busy season. Enjoy!
- 3 limes, zest and juice
- 200 ml / 0.8 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- 50 ml / 0.2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 25 ml / 0.1 cup agave syrup
- 200 ml / 0.8 cup hazelnuts
- 150 ml / 0.6 cup dates, soaked for at least one hour
- 1 lime, sliced
- Mix the oats in a blender or food processor until the consistency of flour.
- Add the cacao, spices, and a little bit of the water and blend until completely smooth. add the rest of the water and blend again.
- Add the banana slices, break apart if they have formed larger chunks. mix and serve with a dash of cinnamon.