By Chef: Amie Sue
Posted: May 26, 2015
This is the perfect treat to really get you in the mood for the warm summer months (and all that fresh, succulent, seasonal fruit that lies ahead!) Let this recipe be tried by anyone who doesn’t yet believe in the pure magic of raw desserts. Enjoy!
Yield: 9×9 pan
- 2 cups raw almond flour, see below (use soaked and dehydrated almonds)
- 2 cups dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 cups packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (be sure you lemon is organic for this)
Strawberry Date Jam
- 2 cups packed Mejool dates, pitted 2 cups strawberries, organic with greens removed
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for min. 2 hours 1 1/4 cup coconut milk 4 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh 1/2 cup raw agave syrup 1 Tbsp vanilla 1/8 tsp salt 2 Tbsp lecithin powder 1 cup raw cold pressed coconut oil, melted 1 tsp Turmeric (this is to enhance the yellow color)
- Lightly dust the pan with some extra almond flour. I used a 9 x 9 Springform pan in this recipe.
- To make almond flour; in your food processor add the almonds and process until the nuts resemble a fine powder. It won’t be light and airy like regular flour but you shouldn’t see any chunks. Be careful to not over process or you will be on your way to making almond butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and process some more until well mixed. This mixture should stick together after you press it between your
- Press into baking pan evenly.
- Set aside while you make the Strawberry Date Jam
Strawberry date jam
- In your food processor or blender combine the two ingredients and blend till nice and creamy. Spread the jam over the Lemon Coconut Bars, cover with plastic wrap and set in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Just enough to make the jam firm so it will be easier to spread the frosting on top.
- Add to blender all ingredients except the coconut oil and lecithin. These will be added at the very end. Blend until smooth and creamy (3-5 minutes) While your blender is running, drizzle in the coconut oil and then slowly add the lecithin. Blend well but don’t over process. Remove bars from freezer and pour the frosting over the Strawberry Date Jam layer. Spread evening. Place in freezer or fridge till set up nice and firm. Slice and serve! Keep left overs (if there are any, in the fridge)