By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: June 2, 2013
Indulge in your sophisticated side with these dreamy tarts infused with essential oils and fresh fruit! Enjoy with a cup of tea and a nice luxurious soak in a hot bath – your body will thank you for it!
- 8 dried figs, soaked
- 4 dried dates, soaked
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3 drops of your favorite lavender essential oil (or more to taste)
- Pinch of vanilla powder or few drops of vanilla essence
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. You should have slightly sticky texture. Press the base mixture in silicone cupcake molds and place in the freezer.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness and lavender flavor.
- Pour the filling mixture in a mixing bowl or a container and place in the fridge to set.
- Remove the base cups from the freezer and carefully remove them from silicone molds.
- Once the filling mixture is firm enough and not runny, spoon the mixture in a piping bag and the fill the fig base cups with the filling. Place the tarts in the fridge or freezer to set. Enjoy!
Always make sure that the essential oil(s) you’re using are the right fit for you. Check with a medical professional if you’re unsure.