By Chef: Nikki Stokes
Posted: October 11, 2013
Nothing warms the belly and spirit quite like a cup of rich and creamy hot chocolate. By using raw cacao you also get that blissful, buzz from the potent compounds found within it such as anandamide and phenethylamine (the bliss and love chemicals). Not to mention all of those fabulous antioxidants. You’ll find this recipe by Nikki Stokes of Eating Vibrantly very simple to make. While it’s yummy as is you could also try adding a dash of cinnamon, cayenne, or even maca powder for an interesting superfood-infused twist with a South American flare. You can also blend in some melted coconut oil or cacao butter if you desire an even richer outcome.
- ½ cup (70g) cashews, soaked 1-2h (soaking optional)
- 3 to (70g) medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tsp (5g) cocoa powder
- pinch vanilla bean powder
- 250ml water
- 1 strawberry
1) (Optional) Soak the cashews in filtered water for 1-2 hours and drain.
2) Add everything to the blender except for the strawberry.
3) Blend until mix is smooth, and starting to warm up, around 1-2 minutes.
4) Pour into a big mug and garnish with a fresh strawberry.