By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: August 19, 2015
This recipe is quite sweet and decadent, definitely a “sometimes treat”, but it tastes absolutely incredible. An ivory-toned coconut and cashew crust topped with a coconut butter based, maple-sweetened icing spiked with real ginger. Such a special treat, and it’s made with minimal ingredients – all of which are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut butter, softened*
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Small pinch of fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut butter, softened*
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and whizz till very well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch tin lined with baking paper and even out the surface.
- Blend all ingredients on high till smooth.
- Spread the icing evenly over the base.
- Set in the freezer.
- Cut into small squares or bars to serve (these are lovely and rich, I’m sure you’ll be happy with a smaller sized portion).
*To soften coconut butter, stand the jar in a pot of hot water till it liquefies