By Chef: Amanda Le
Posted: August 4, 2016
Using just 4 simple ingredients, you can make an epic treat that will totally satisfy any chocolate craving. And it’s 100% nut-free so you won’t be left with a high-fat hangover. These smooth, rich and creamy fudge bites will literally melt in your mouth.
Yield: 16 bites
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or bean)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or carob)
- 7 medjool dates
- 5-7 tbsp water
- Line a small container with saran wrap
- Blend buckwheat groats in a high-speed blender or food processor until you get a fine consistency like flour.
- Add vanilla extract, cacao and dates to the blender
- Slowly add water as you blend.
- Scoop out mixture and spread evenly in saran-lined pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- Cut into squares and store in an air-right container in the freezer.
If you’re not using fresh soft dates, soak them for an hour before. I wet my hands to make it easier to manage the fudge, it’s very sticky! You can also wet your hands and roll/shape fudge into balls/squares.