By Chef: Eva Hajkova
Posted: September 3, 2014
This yummy and simple recipe by Raw Eva can be either dehydrated or eaten fresh as is. Kids love it too! For a raw lunch box idea try cutting the tomatoes into quarters. This recipe makes a great way to get in a solid dose of healthy omega 3 fatty acids found abundantly in fresh walnuts. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 big tomatoes
- 5-6 baby portobellos or any mushrooms you like and 2 big tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pinches of Himalayan or Celtic salt
- handful of fresh basil or teaspoon of dry basil
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
Marinade for mushrooms and tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of tamari
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1) remove the mushroom stemp and marinade the mushrooms.
2) Cut the top of your tomatoes and take the pulp out.
3) Marinate the tomatoes with the caps.
4) Put mushrooms and tomatoes in a baking dish, fill them up with filling mixture.
5) Pour the some of your marinade over top of you mushrooms and tomatoes and dehydrate for about 2 hours at 46 degrees or lower (optional) or just eat it fresh. I tend to cut the tomatoes in 3/4 and mushrooms in half for kids to enjoy 🙂
6) Pour the rest of the marinade over your dish.