By Chef: Jessica Petrovic
Posted: November 25, 2014
Sweet and sticky with a crunchy base this caramel slice is delicious and nutritious! Perfect for afternoon tea or an after dinner treat. Best served and enjoyed slowly with friend. Raw, vegan, gluten and refined sugar free (nope, this is not a dream). Enjoy!
- 12-15 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup Buckinis
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. mesquite powder (optional)
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 ¼ cup Sweetener of choice (I used Maple Syrup. Raw alternatives include
- Squeeze of Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup Raw Agave
- In a food processor, blend almonds, cashews and mesquite powder until fine.
- Add Buckinis and blend briefly. Gradually add medjool dates (one at a time) until crumb begins to stick together.
- Add coconut oil. If the mixture sticks together when pressed in between your fingers pop it in to a lined tray. If mixture doesn’t hold add extra dates.
Creamy Cashew Caramel
- In a high speed blender add cashews, vanilla, lemon and sweetener of choice. Mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add tahini and coconut butter and again mix on high until well combined.
- Pour caramel on crumb and set in the freezer for 1 hour. Whilst setting in the freezer devour what caramel’s left over in your blender! It tastes amazing and then start on your chocolate drizzle.
- In a bowl or high speed blender mix cacao powder and agave until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle on caramel and set in the freezer for 10 minutes, if you can wait that long. Enjoy x