By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: April 1, 2012
Simplicity still tastes great! Shredded coconut, almond pulp and your choice of sweetener still works. Enjoy these dense and tasty macaroons with a glass of nut milk or cover them in raw chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk pulp, strained (OR 1 cup ground almonds mixed with enough almond milk to create a wet «paste» in the food processor–less smooth in texture, but it is an adequate substitute)
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 generous pinch salt
- Scrapings of 1 vanilla bean, OR 1 tsp good vanilla extract
1) Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until they form a dough. Add a little more agave or some water if the mixture is too thick.
2) Line a dehydrator sheet with Teflex and scoop the macaroons out by round tablespoons onto the sheet. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 6 hours, or until macaroons hold together well but are still a little soft. Enjoy!