By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: September 18, 2014
Besides an explosion of colorful leaves, cooler days and darker nights, cute boots and sweaters coming out to play once more, and all things pumpkin, fall time is also about cozy mornings spent with a warm mug of tea (or cold-pressed coffee), and a (raw) pastry. This cinnamon roll recipe by Iselin Stoylen of Vegetarian Taste is really very easy to make and doesn’t even require a dehydrator. They turn out gooey, cinnamon-ey and delicious and don’t have a stitch of sugar or gluten in them. Enjoy!
- 2 cups/ 4 dl sprouted, raw oats (you can also use almonds or regular
- rolled oats.. Depending on your preferations and tastebuds)
- 25 soft, pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 soft, pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp water
Raisins for decorations
1. Start with blending the oats for a few minutes until they turn to a rough flour.
2. Add in dates and the other ingredients and blend so everything sticks together.
3. Take out the dough and place between to sheets of parchment paper. Use a roll pin and flatten the dough into a large square. Peel of the top layer of parchment paper and set aside.
4. Add all ingredients for the cinnamon filling to the food processor. Blend until you get a smooth, creamy filling.
5. Spread the filling over the dough. Slice the “cake” into ten long strips, and roll them up.
6. Place on a plate and top with raisins and a dash of cinnamon.
Eat, enjoy and be happy.. Life is good