By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: November 20, 2014
Whip up a batch of satisfying raw chocolate walnut brownies and spoil yourself with crazy healthy goodness!
- 3/4 cups raw oats
- 3/4 cups walnuts
- 4 TBSP raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch sea salt
- 5 TBSP date paste (see note below)
- 2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- Add oats to a blender and process until you have a fine flour.
- Move oat flour to a mixer/chopper and add walnuts, cacao, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse for few seconds to combine.
- Add date paste, honey and vanilla bean paste and process until mixture gets sticky.
- Scoop out onto a pie shape (I chose a square one) lined with baking paper, press firmly and even out. Cover and place in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and cut into desired shape, dust with cacao and decorate with nuts, fruits or seeds of choice.
- Date paste is made either of fresh pitted dates pulsed in a blender until they become a paste or of dry dates soaked in water for a couple of hours, drained and then added to the blender.
Date paste is made either of fresh pitted dates pulsed in a blender until they become a paste or of dry dates soaked in water for a couple of hours, drained and then added to the blender.