By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: August 5, 2013
An epic icy cold chocolate superfood shake by Heather Pace of Sweetly Raw with chocolate syrup drizzled throughout! Start by blending chilled medicinal chaga mushroom tea with raw cashews to create a creamy milk. Then add in your superfood powerhouse ingredients: lucuma, maca, mesquite, chia, raw cacao, ashwaganda and more! Blend with ice and frozen banana until completely smooth, creamy and delicious!
- 1/2 cup chilled chaga tea
- 3-4 tablespoons cashews
- 1 small frozen chopped banana
- 1 1/2 — 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or yacon syrup
- 1 teaspoon mesquite
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ashwaganda root powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 4-6 large ice cubes
- 1-2 teaspoons cacao nibs, optional
1. Blend the chilled chaga tea and cashews until smooth, creating a milk.
2. Add remaining ingredients (starting with 4-5 ice cubes) except cacao nibs and blend until smooth, using the tamper of the vita mix to push down. The mixture is thick.
3. Taste. Add more ice if you like, or a few drops stevia if you want it sweeter. Depends how much cacao powder you add.
Add cacao nibs and blend for a few seconds to break them down.
Oh and I drizzled my favourite raw chocolate sauce from Just Desserts on the inside of the glass on on top for an extra special kick 😉