By Chef: Amanda Brocket
Posted: January 4, 2017
This yummy chocolate log of goodness is perfect to create for a gift, or to enjoy whenever a sweet craving hits! You can also experiment with flavors, think banana, berries, caramel!
Yield: makes 1 log
- 2C coconut flour
- 1/2C chia powdered (place chia seeds in dry jug of blender and blend until powdered)
- 1/2C – 1C water or as needed to bind ingredients
- 1/2C raw honey or date paste
- 3/4C cacao powder
- 3T coconut oil (melted till liquid)
- 1C almonds, rough chop
- 1/2C pistachios rough chop
- 1/4C raw cashews, rough chop
- 1/4C cacao nibs
- zest and juice of one small lemon
- pinch salt
- 1t vanilla extract or Medicine Flower Vanilla
- Optional: 1/4C goji berries
- Additional 1C coconut flour or dessicated coconut for rolling in
- Butcher’s string for decoration
- Place all ingredients in a bowl (except for water) and stir to combine. Add water as needed to bring mixture together.
- Adjust to taste and then place all combined ingredients onto a sheet of baking paper or glad wrap (cling film) and form into a log.
- Roll up and seal and place in freezer for approximately 3-4 hours or overnight.
- When set, remove glad wrap or baking paper and roll in coconut flour or dessicated coconut. For salami effect tie butcher’s string around the log, slice into rounds and serve.