By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: September 14, 2015
This yummy pudding is packed full of brain healthy omega 3 fatty acids, perfect for fueling you up on days when you need to engage your brain. The chia seeds are also a great source of the minerals calcium and phosphorus, for strong and flexible bones. Plus, it’s back to school season, and we all know that heading to class feels so much easier when you get chocolate pudding for breakfast (or as a study snack!)
RAW • VEGAN • GLUTEN FREE • OMEGA 3’S • NUTRIENT DENSE
- 1 whole young coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/truly-raw-cocoa-powder-organic-chocolate-powder-1-lb.html
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, liquified
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Cut open the coconut and pour the water into a blender.
- Scoop the flesh out, and pop it in a sieve. Take a little time to remove any of the husk still attached.
- Add to the blender and whizz till creamy, pour the resulting milk into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together, then leave it to thicken for 5 to 15 minutes. If you like a warm breakfast for comfort, you can heat this on low over the stove top.
- Serve with a dollop of berry jam and a sprinkling of nuts.