By Chef: Laura-Jane the Rawtarian
Posted: August 6, 2015
This simple, crustless raw vegan chocolate cheesecake is easy and delicious. Sweet, creamy and a perfect chocolate fix. A blender is the only equipment that’s required!
- 2 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Throw all ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend, starting very slowly and then increasing the speed. (You may need to stop and start it a bit if your blender is getting hung up. If your blades won’t move, turn blender off, create an air pocket down the side with a knife, and then blend again starting on low.) Keep blending until it’s very smooth, like a creamy chocolate fudge with no cashew chunks at all.
- Pour mixture into a pan or dish (for example a brownie pan) and place in freezer.
- Freeze until it reaches the desired (firm) consistency (8 hours or so!).
- Store in freezer at all times. To eat, just open the freezer, slice and eat immediately.
This raw cheesecake must be frozen for about 8 hours before being eaten. (It will harden when frozen.) This raw vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe absolutely must be kept in the freezer until eaten. It will melt very quickly if not.