By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: December 3, 2014
A completely scrumptious and gooey 4 part layered treat with a raw chocolate brownie crust, cashew vanilla cream, salty-caramel spread and pure raw chocolate for the perfect finishing touch. Enjoy!
- 2 cups/4dl cashews
- 3 tbsp agave
- 3 dates*
- 1/3 tsp fresh, raw vanilla powder
- 13 dates*
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 drops stevia**
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Start by adding ingredients for the brownie to a food processor.
- Process until everything sticks together then press it out in a lined tin. Repeat with the cashew-vanilla layer and the caramel sauce.
- To make the chocolate simply heat coconut oil very carefully and stir in the cacao and sweetener.
- Spread on top of the cake and let it cool until the chocolate has hardened, slice and serve!
*All the dates need to be pitted. I prefer to use soft, medium sized dates. If you use medjool dates you may want to soak them a few hours before use. You will also need to adjust the recipe a little, as medjool dates are larger than the ones I use. **Stevia is not really raw, but I don’t mind using it in my recipes. You can substitute stevia for one teaspoon agave, but I tend to notice that stevia works better.