By Chef: Marie Reginato
Posted: September 28, 2016
Sweet blackberries, creamy cashews, and the tangy lemon come together to create the delicate cheesecake filling. Together the sweet base and the creamy filling make a silky, smooth texture that is absolutely sublime, each bite a perfect synergy of creamy filling and sweet nutty crust. Enjoy!
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 cups medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 medjool dates
- Start by soaking the cashews in water overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours. This part is essential, as the cashews need to become soft enough to pulse in the food processor and to form a cream like texture. At this time, freeze your banana for at least 4 hours.
- To make the base, simply place all the nuts into a food processor and blend until a crumble forms, roughly 2 minutes.
- Then add the cinnamon and medjool dates to the crushed nuts and blend for a few minutes until a very sticky ball has formed.
- With your fingers, evenly press the mixture into the bottom of a cake tin and place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Now drain the water and rinse the cashews. Add them to the food processor along with the other set of medjool dates, banana, blackberries, lemon juice, coconut oil, water, and honey. Blend for 3 minutes until you have a creamy filling. Add more honey if you would like it sweeter or add water to thin the mixture. Make sure to add the juice of one lemon; this is what gives it the traditional tangy cheesecake taste.
- Pour the filling onto the base that we just made and place in the freezer for 3 hours to set.
- Once it is time to eat, remove the cheesecake from the freezer, top with fresh berries and let it warm up for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!