By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: November 17, 2015
Raw cacao butter, and its luscious white chocolate flavor, paired with beautiful blackberries and cherries makes a sinfully good dessert. Despite tasting divine, this cake is made from nourishing whole food ingredients. It’s gluten-free, refined-sugar free and vegan. It’s actually super simple to make too, you can make layers or create a swirled effect. Have fun!
- 2 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 1 can coconut cream
- 60 g chunk cacao butter, melted1/4 cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and run until well combined. Spread the crust mixture in the bottom of a cake pan and set aside.
- Melt cacao butter in a small sauce pan, placed inside of a bigger sauce pan with hot water in it.
- Put all the filling ingredients except berries, into a food processor and run until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour the filling over the crust, but leave few tablespoons of the filling aside.
- Add blackberries and cherries into the remaining filling mixture. Add optional few tbsp of maple syrup for more sweetness.
- Pop little dollops of berry mixture over the cake filling and use a knife to form patterns. Place the cake into the freezer and let it set for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!