By Chef: Jessica Petrovic
Posted: October 1, 2014
Enjoy these raw apricot and coconut bliss balls as is or get a little funky with your friends and try them fondue style. A great sweet treat for a get together with friends!
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Pinch of Salt (We use Celtic Salt)
- 15 Dried Organic Apricots (Not the supermarket fluorescent apricots)
- 1-3 Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Buckinis
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Cacao *not to be confused with cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Agave (coconut nectar or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- Pinch of Celtic salt
The Bliss Balls:
1. In a food processor blend almonds, coconut and salt into a fine flour. Add buckinis, apricots and dates gradually whilst continuing to blend. The mixture should start to stick together at this point. Gradually add the Coconut Oil and continue to blend until you reach a dough like consistence.
2. Use your hands to roll the balls into approximately the size of a 50 cent piece. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour to set on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until smooth
Using a skewer, dip the apricot balls into the melted chocolate, eat immediately or set in the fridge on a tray lined with baking paper.