By Chef: Lena
Posted: April 23, 2015
You will be amazed at how simple it is to make a gorgeous raw cheesecake creation with no dairy, no flour, and no butter. You don’t bake your cake, just freeze it. Perfectly sweet and slightly tart.
- 1 cup figs
- 1 cup Almonds
- sea salt
- 2 cups cashew cashew soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 limes juiced
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp Hemp hearts
- Place nuts and figs in a blender with sea salt and pulse to chop until they are to your desired fineness (process a finer crust longer than a chunky one). Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect. Scoop out crust mixture in a 9” spring-form pan (if you don’t have a spring-form pan, use a pie plate lined with parchment paper), and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout.
- Warm coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
- Place all filling ingredients in the blender and blend on high until very smooth (this may take a couple minutes, so be patient).
- Pour the mixture out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula. Place in freezer for 3 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices.
- Top with smashed raspberries and hemp hearts. Enjoy
Though I used a small (9-inch) springform for this recipe, if you only have a larger springform the cheesecake will be thinner. Or if you are serving a crowd, double the recipe and use a 10 or 11 inch springform.