By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: July 25, 2013
A vibrant sweet treat offering a great mid-day energy boost from pure matcha green tea powder. Matcha is awash with antioxidants to protect the integrity of our cells. It is a great superfood to consume during the summer when the UVB rays are at their most intense and our skin could use an additional boost of protection. These truffles are rich with oils of macadamia and coconut and have a zesty, tart kick of lemon to perfectly balance their sweetness. Use honey, pure clear agave, or other liquid sweetener of your choice.
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (or other nuts like cashews or almonds), ground
- ½ cup coconut shreds (made into fine flour)
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ⅕ TBSP liquid sweetener (like raw honey or pure agave)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Toppings: coconut shreds, ground pistachios, Matcha powder, goji berries
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well until they are all combined and you have a sticky, green dough.
2. Roll into balls, add toppings and refrigerate.