By Chef: Emily von Euw
Posted: January 19, 2016
These peanut butter cups are very rich, sweet and decadent because we are all WORTH IT. Life is too short for boring, bland food. Eat chocolate or whatever food makes you happy, listen to good music, hang out with people who inspire you, watch a documentary, enjoy yourself.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Scant 1/2 cup vegan Chocolate Protein Powder or cacao powder)
- Scant 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter (or use a raw nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot, then stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Line a couple single-serving tart tins with tinfoil or plastic wrap.
- Pour 1/4 of the chocolate mixture into each of the bottoms of the tins, scoop on a spoonful of peanut butter then pour on the remaining chocolate mixture, covering the peanut butter layer.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers and put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until solid.
NOTES: you can use any kind of nut or seed butter you like; you can use cocoa or carob instead of cacao; you can use vanilla powder instead of vanilla extract; you can cacao butter instead of coconut oil; if your peanut butter doesn’t have any salt in it, I suggest sprinkling on a little before putting the cups in the freezer.