By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: September 7, 2016
This is such a beautiful recipe, made with some of my favorite ingredients. I would use coconut with anything and on everything! These simple, fresh, zesty Asian flavors are so delicious when paired with the juiciness and crunchiness of the carrot noodles. If you can find purple carrots (if in season), use them to create really unique looking noodles. If you cannot, you can definitely use regular carrots, the recipe will be just as delicious!
Serves 2 (as a light meal)
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- ¾-inch (2 cm) piece ginger
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed sesame oil
- Juice and zest of ½ lime
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 2 large purple carrots, thin spirals
- 1 tbsp white and/or black sesame seeds, lightly toasted (page 131) or raw
- 1 small handful mint leaves
1. Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and process until creamy and smooth.
2. Transfer sauce to a large bowl and add the carrot noodles. Toss noodles in the sauce until thoroughly coated.
3. Top with sesame seeds and mint, and serve.