By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: January 11, 2011
The raw chocolate truffle base here is ultra simple, so feel free to get creative and mix up your own favorite flavors.
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground pink peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt, course ground
1) Place the cacao powder and vanilla bean in a food processor. Pulse gently to combine.
2) Add the dates, honey and coconut oil and process until sticky and smooth.
3) To make each truffle, roll about one tablespoon of chocolate into a 1″ ball with your hands until very smooth.
4) In a small bowl, mix the salt & pepper. Place a pinch of salt & pepper on the top of each truffle as a garnish and press to set.
5) Place the garnished truffles in the refrigerator for one hour to firm.
Indulge with pleasure!
I’ve always loved slightly salty chocolate and was looking for a spice to complement my favorite Himalayan salt—and to offer a bright contrasting color. The pink peppercorn was perfect! It’s actually a berry—a bit sweeter than black pepper, but still spicy with hints of citrus.