By Chef: Mandi Gould
Posted: May 18, 2012
Chef Mandi Gould describes her recipe as a fusion raw vegan cheesecake meets ice cream or sorbet. This recipe combines the amazing nutritional benefits and sweet flavors of luxurious coconut and sweet succulent pineapple. Slice in, take a bite, and fantasize about that tropical island getaway we’re sure is in your immediate future! ; )
The photo included is of the 2 layer version with papaya on the top layer.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Shredded Coconut (to sprinkle on bottom of pan)
- Coconut Oil (to coat bottom of pan)
- Juice of one fresh pineapple
- 2 large pineapples
- 2 cups raw unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Blitz ingredients in the food processor.
2. Coat bottom of a spring form pan with coconut oil, then sprinkle with shredded coconut. This will prevent the crust from sticking.
3. Press the crust into the pan and set aside.
1. Take the juice of a fresh pineapple and put it in your dehydrator in a shallow pan. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Check on it to make sure it doesn’t over dehydrate. This will concentrate into a very sweet syrup that you can drizzle over your cake. (I took a nap and mine over dehydrated so I put the “candied pineapple” on top of my cake.)
1. Blitz the coconut and oil in the food processor to make coconut butter.
2. Add the meat of 2 pineapples. Blitz!
3. Poor over your pie crust.
4. Let set in the freezer for at least one hour.