By Chef: Deborah Marsh
Posted: February 21, 2013
We would like to share with you a delicious homemade chia crackers by Deborah Marsh. It contains Pili Nut that is similar to a pine nut, but larger like a peanut. Pili nuts are high in potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and rich in protein. Everyone who likes to try something unique and healthy will absolutely love this snack.
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup pili nuts chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 to 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 T Thai coconut sugar sap
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon Directions
1. Combine chia crackers and water in a big bowl and stir. Let set till slightly gelatinous.
2. Stir again. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Spread evenly over lined dehydrator tray(s). Dehydrate on 104F degrees for about 1-2 hours.
4. Score the mixture for cracker shapes. Dehydrate another 3-4 hours.
5. Place a dehydrator tray with mesh screen over top and flip. Remove liner and tray, and place tray with flipped chia mixture back in dehydrator.
6. Dry for another 4-8 hours or more until crackers are desired texture.
7. Cool, break apart and eat. Store them in an air tight container. These crackers won’t last very long at all!