By Chef: Jennifer Cornbleet
Posted: June 25, 2018
This creamy avocado sauce is almost alfredo-like (but without the cheesy guilt!)
- 2 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup mashed avocados (1 1/2 avocados)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chile, or dash cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 1 diced Roma tomato, for garnish
- 2 wedges lime, for garnish
- Cut the zucchini into thin noodles using a spiral slicer. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to create long ribbons, or «fettuccine,» by drawing the peeler down all sides of the zucchini until you reach the core.
- Put the avocados, chile, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss. Serve immediately, garnished with the tomato and lime wedges.