By Chef: Crystal Bonnet
Posted: May 9, 2017
These energy bites are packed with nutritious ingredients such as dates, oats, and superfoods to give you a boost of energy throughout the day. Energy bites/bars are so easy to make because they do not need baking or prepping, throw all the ingredients in a food processor, form into balls or bars, roll in your favorite superfood powder and voilà! You have nutritious, sugar-free, guilt-free snacks ready for the entire week.
Yield: 10 bites
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups dates soaked and pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw carob powder
- 2 tablespoons mesquite powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon chaga mushroom powder optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil in a food processor and process for a couple of minutes, add coconut oil at the end and process until combined.
- Mixture will be loose but will stick together once pressed firmly into your hand. When the mixture holds together in your hand, then stop processing. Do not over process or the almonds will release too much oil.
- Place mixture in a large bowl.
- Take a small ice cream scoop and scoop mixture into your hands pressing firmly and shape into a ball, using gloves makes the process less messy.
- Roll energy bite in your choice of superfood powder (I used carob and lucuma), and place onto a parchment lined tray.
- Once finished rolling the batch, place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
Store in fridge for 1 week or freezer for longer.