By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: May 21, 2015
This is the perfect Memorial Day weekend treat to really get you in the mood for the warm summer months (and all that fresh, succulent, seasonal fruit that lies ahead!). A delicious mango crumble that contains NO gluten and NO oil, and the oven can stay off because it also happens to be no-bake. Enjoy!
- 4 Ataulfo mangoes, ripe and cubed
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup packed dates
- 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour (simply grind oats in a blender of food processor until flour-consistency is reached)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- Pinch of sea salt
- tart by putting all your crumble ingredients in the food processor. Mix until you have a crumble consistency, you want it to be lightly sticky.
- In a large bowl, mix your cubed mangoes with lime juice and zest. Put mixture on a square container, covering all edges. Top with nut/date crumble and cover. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes or serve right away if you can’t wait like us!
- Feel free to add some berries, a scoop of banana ice cream or drizzle with some raspberry-date sauce like we did! You can keep the crumble on the fridge for up to 4 days.