By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: October 22, 2015
This is a dessert you can feel happy about giving your kids, and your kids will feel HAPPY to eat it guaranteed. No chemicals, processed sugars, preservatives, gluten, dairy, etc, just 100% fruity wholesomeness. If peaches are done for the season in your region try this recipe with apples, pears, or even berries! Warning in advance: this peach cobbler is addicting so eat with caution!
- 4 medium size peaches
- 2 peaches
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked 6+ hours drained then rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw shredded coconut
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- To make the crust blend the almonds and shredded coconut in a food processor until it becomes a coarse crumble, then add in the dates and cinnamon and pulse blend until it is well mixed as a crumble. Be sure not to over process it to the point it becomes mushy.
- Press a small amount of the crumble into the bottom of each dish.
- Cut the peaches into large chunks and place in a bowl.
- To make the syrup, blend the peaches, dates, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until it becomes smooth. Pour the syrup over the peaches and mix together in the bowl.
- Then, add the filling, layering with crumble and top with more crumble.