By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: April 28, 2013
A salad like this with a ton of really gutsy flavors is perfect to pair with something more mellow like whole grains or some sprouted bread and a bean dip. Go find some fresh cilantro and make yourself a beyond exciting raw winter salad.
- 7-8 large rainbow carrots
- a large handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 large handfuls pea shoots
- 2/3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- a pinch of chili
- 1 orange, zest and juice
1. Peel and julienne cut the carrots (here is a pretty smart video showing you how to do this)
2. Rinse the pea shoots thoroughly and cut them in half or more finely if you prefer that.
3. Now add all ingredients to a big mixing bowl so you can get that cinnamon all over the carrot sticks.
4. Arrange the salad onto your bowl/plate of choice and drizzle over some of the dressing and leave some of it for people to add themselves.
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a high glass until the honey is dissolved. Done!