By Chef: Callie England
Posted: January 3, 2012
The mixture after frozen turns into a nice mold and as soon as it hits your mouth its melts like a fudge with a great minty lime taste.
- 5 C dehydrated coconut (the unsweetened raw variety)
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C palm sugar (feel free to use a bit of stevia instead – if you use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup, try not to use too much)
- 15 drops of lime essential oil (these were teeny drops, not dropper like drops)
- 7 drops of peppermint essential oil (again tiny drops)
- zest from 2 limes (one for blending, one for topping)
In a blender, add all ingredients (excluding the zest from one lime). You’ll need your pusher (vita-mix) attachment to push everything down until it’s a creamy-like consistency.
Spread mixture evenly on parchment papers and zest one lime on top (while it’s still wet, so the zest sticks).
Place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
When solid, remove from freezer and place on cutting board.
Using a hot knife, cut fudge into equal squares. Note; the ends will crumble, but the inside should cut fairly even.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and/or freezer.