By Chef: Jenné Claiborne
Posted: April 3, 2015
A crunchy, bright, and cheerful mix of purple cabbage and ribbons of carrot tossed together with juicy mango and a simple spicy miso ginger EVOO dressing. Be sure to bookmark this one for all of your upcoming springtime picnics that are just around the bend.
- 1/2 head of a small Red Cabbage, thinly sliced into long ribbons
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons that resemble fettuccine
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp light miso
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp habanero or jalepeño, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 mango, diced
- In a large bowl toss red cabbage and carrot ribbons. In blender add cucumber, miso, ginger, habanero or jalepeño, oil and water and blend until all of the ingredients are incorporated into a thin dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots and toss, then add the mango and continue to toss. Season with salt if necessary.
- Cover and allow it to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes.