By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: June 2, 2013
Minty fresh and frosty! Packed with vitamins and minerals from the spinach and avocado.
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup packed spinach
- 2 tablespoons packed mint leaves
- 1-2 drops peppermint essential oil*
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 heaping cup ice cubes (8 regular sized)
- 2 spoonfuls avocado, optional
- Stevia, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
Blend the milk, spinach, mint, protein, avocado, and ice until smooth and frosty. Taste. Add stevia and cacao nibs.
Blend again very briefly breaking down the nibs into little bits.
*I used 1 drop Young Living peppermint essential oil.