By Chef: Fee O
Posted: April 17, 2014
Think making tasty raw desserts takes a ton of time and a long list of ingredients? Think again! If you’re craving simplicity and want something equal parts healthy and decadent (and if you love berries!) try this wholesome dessert by Fee O. of Raw Fit and Happy. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 mini pies
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of raw dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen halved strawberries
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 3 pitted dates
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of green cardamom
For the base:
1) process dates with coconut until sticky.
2) Press in two muffin forms, be careful to layer not only the bottom but also the walls. I used a metal muffin form.
For the cream:
1) blend berries with banana, dates and spices until creamy.
2) Fill into muffin forms. Let sit in the freezer for 2 hours or enjoy directly.