By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: January 21, 2015
The perfect cure for the dreaded midday energy crash: a highly nutritious mocha pudding made with raw cacao, cashew nuts, almond milk, coconut butter, and cold-brewed coffee. Your body is amazing and deserves the best of the best when it comes to fuel. Give this recipe a try and get ready for a happy cacao buzz and a serious surge of energy.
- 2 c. cashews, soaked and drained
- 1⁄4 c. cacao powder
- 11⁄2 c. almond milk
- 1⁄2 c. agave nectar
- 1⁄2 c. coconut butter
- 1⁄2 c. melted coconut oil
- 1⁄4 c. cold-brewed coffee*
- Place the cashews, cacao powder, almond milk, agave nectar, coconut butter, coconut oil, and cold- brewed coffee in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the filling into ramekins or pudding cups and set in the fridge until set aprox 4 hours.
*Cold-brewed coffee is made from steeping coffee grounds in room temperature or cold water for 12 hours or more, resulting in a coffee concentrate. Many coffee cafes and markets sell cold brewed coffee or you can make it yourself using coarsely ground beans and a ratio of 1⁄3 c. coffee to 1 1⁄2 c. filtered water. Let steep for at least 12 hours, then strain. You can use the leftover for ice coffee.