By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: January 3, 2011
A flavor packed salad using any variety of tender micro greens, crisp apples, and fresh succulent fennel, lightly dressed with hemp and olive oils.
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 medium apple
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ of a small sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed hemp oil
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel sprigs
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 cups micro greens
1. Shave the fennel very finely using a mandoline.
2. You should end up with around 1½ cups of shaved fennel.
3. Core the apple and slice with the mandoline.
4. Cut the sliced apple into very thin strips with a knife.
5. In a large bowl, toss the fennel and apple immediately with thelemon juice to prevent browning.
6. Slice the onion very finely with the mandoline.
7. Add the onion, hemp oil, olive oil, poppy seed, fennel sprigs and salt.
8. Mix very well.
9. When ready to serve, divide the micro greens among two dishes.
10. Top each bed of greens with half of the fennel-apple salad mixture.
11. Enjoy with great pleasure!