By Chef: Hallie and Reya
Posted: October 14, 2015
If you’re craving a treat that’s low in sugar and rich with nutrition, will keep you feeling full with plenty of protein and fiber, is easy to throw together and transport with you, and will give you a guaranteed mid-day energy boost, here is your recipe! These matcha protein bars are soft and chewy with a nice crunch from the raw cacao nibs. The subtle earthy flavor from the spirulina and matcha powders is well-balanced with the sweetness of the banana. Such a yummy and balanced snack!
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop protein powder vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tsp. matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp. spirulina powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut for on top
- Mix the chia seeds and non-dairy milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- In your food processor, combine remaining ingredients except for the cacao nibs and shredded coconut.
- Add in chia seed-milk mixture and continue processing until smooth.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse several times to incorporate. In a lined 8X8 pan, press the mixture down flat.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top and place the pan in your fridge for 2-3 hours to harden.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 24 bars. Store in your fridge and be sure to take 1 or 2 with you for your day!