By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: May 26, 2015
Itching to get in on the matcha trend currently taking the internet by storm and see for yourself what all the fuss is about? Matcha can be used to create far more than just a healthy beverage full of beautifying antioxidants. Try this yummy pudding – it’s creamy, not-too-sweet, has all the powerful antioxidants and benefits of green tea AND it’s packed with fiber!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2-3 ripe kiwi fruit
- 1 teaspoon of coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of psyliuum husk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Base and Topping
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of almond flakes
- 2 tablespoons of coconut
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- For the base and topping mix, simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Place half of the mixture win the bases of two jars and leave the remaining half as the topping.
- Blend all the ingredients except the coconut oil in a high speed blender for a minute or two until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut oil and blend for another 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Pour the pudding over the base, add the remaining topping and allow to sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours.