By Chef: Margaret Chapman
Posted: June 9, 2016
So refreshing for a hot Summer day! Make a batch and serve it at your next backyard barbecue or picnic!
- 4-5 cups Filtered Water, to taste
- 6 oz. Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1½ tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Sweetener, to taste*
- In a small jar, combine 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of matcha green tea powder. Add a lid and shake until dissolved. Set aside until needed.
- Repeat this process for your sweetener of choice. I added 1 cup of water with 10 packets of stevia. Adjust the level of sweetness to your preferred taste.
- Freshly squeeze limes until you have 6 ounces. I used roughly 7 medium-sized limes.
- Combine lime juice with 3 tbsp of chia seeds and stir for 1 minute. Let this sit aside for about 5 minutes to allow chia seeds to expand.
- In a half gallon jar/pitcher, add 1-2 limes sliced. Continue to add in each remaining mixture. Soaked chia seeds, matcha green tea, sweetened water and top off with the remaining 2-3 cups of water. Finish with ice and serve cold.