By Chef: Ooh La Raw
Posted: May 1, 2012
Green tea and raw cacao? Now that is a combination surely made in heaven! Experience these chewy, sweet, richly dense brownies for a dose of antioxidants, nutrients, chlorophyll, fiber, and yes a bit of caffeine too! Matcha green tea contains a substance called L-theanine which helps to relax the mind.
Yield: 12-15 brownies
- Scant 1 C Almonds
- 1/4 C + 1 T Cocoa Nibs
- 7 Medjool Dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 3 T Coconut Butter
- 1/4 C Raw Honey
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 3 T Rishi Matcha Powder, plus more for the coating
1. Process the almonds into fine meal.
2. Add everything else and process……keep processing…..and…..were done.
3. Line a square pan with plastic wrap for easy removal.
4. Add brownie dough to the pan and flatten out.
5.Freeze for 1 hour.
6. Cut into squares. Dust with matcha.
7. Eat up!