By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: February 17, 2011
This amazing superfood salad is loaded with flavor and phytonutrients.
- 1 small bunch of kale leaves, shredded (small leaves have a milder taste)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon nama shoyu (omit this ingredient for a phase 1 salad)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
1) Place the shredded kale in a mixing bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and nama shoyu. Toss gently by hand, massaging the kale to tenderize and incorporate the marinade.
2) Add half of the avocado and continue massaging to make a creamy dressing.
3) Continuing to toss, add remaining half of diced avocado, red pepper, cucumber, scallion. Season with pepper and serve immediately.