By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: February 11, 2016
Give yourself a little winter escape with these delicious, dairy free, Mango Coconut Milk popsicles. They have been infused with a selection of herbs that help relieve restlessness and promote sleep. No added sugars.
FOR THE HERBAL TEA
- 2 teaspoons lemon balm loose leaf tea
- 2 teaspoons chamomile loose leaf tea
- 2 teaspoons skullcap loose leaf tea
- ½ cup boiling water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 125ml coconut butter, liquefied
- ½ cup tightly packed mango (really tightly packed!)
- 10ml vanilla extract or paste
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- Small pinch of fine sea salt
- Buckwheat groats
- Coconut yoghurt
- Coconut threads
TO MAKE THE HERBAL TEA
- Steep all loose leaf herbs in ½ cup boiling water for 15 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth or a nut milk bag, discard the herbs but pour the water straight into a blender. If you don’t have any herbs, skip this part but add an extra ½ cup coconut milk to the recipe.
TO MAKE THE POPSICLES
- Add all ingredients to the blender with the herbal tea, and blend till smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds. Sprinkle some buckwheat groats over the top as per my photograph if desired (this gives it a nice crunch at the base). Add popsicle sticks and freeze till set.
- To remove popsicles, run the moulds under hot water.
- Dunk the tips of the popsicles in coconut yoghurt, then sprinkle coconut threads over the top. Freeze again till set then enjoy.