By Chef: Alexandra Dawson
Posted: April 2, 2015
Made with the most sinfully rich and sweet, yet abundantly healthful mix of coconut butter, banana, blueberries, and avocado today I couldn’t be more excited to impart my MAKE THIS, EAT THIS Smoothie, the best smoothie I’ve ever made, my banana avocado ‘ice cream’ elevated. Only to be made even better with a dash of energy boosting, nutty, and flush maca. Nutritious enough to quantify a meal, I serve my raw vegan coconut butter smoothie topped with my favorite granola, a heap of chia seeds, and a few sprinkles of bee pollen.
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1/3 cup blueberries, frozen
- ¼ ripe avocado, peel and pit removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- ½ tablespoon raw maca
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup granola (+100 calories)
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (+15 calories)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (+70 calories)
- 1 cup mixed berries (+50 calories)
- ¼ cup dried coconut flakes (+100 calories)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender; start with ½ cup almond milk, then while blending, gradually adding more until the smoothie has a soft-serve creamy, creamy like consistency.
- Pour into your favorite bowl and sprinkle on your favorite toppings, enjoy!