By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: August 5, 2013
You’ll be drooling before these are even ready to eat! Sumptuous little lemon squares by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish made with unsweetened shredded coconut, freshly grated lemon rind (organic of course), authentic vanilla bean, coconut oil, coconut nectar and fresh lemon juice! If you want a creamy orange version sub lemon zest and juice for fresh orange!
Yield: about 6 squares
- 2c of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4c of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4c of coconut oil
- 1tsp of grated lemon rind
- 1tsp of really good vanilla (powder or extract)
- 2tbsp of coconut nectar
1) Place all of the ingredients into your food processor and whiz away for about a minute… you want the mixture to appear creamy.
2) Press the mixture down tightly into a parchment lined loaf pan (or something similar in size) and toss it into the freezer for at least an hour…makes it easier to cut them into squares.
3) Remove the pan from the freezer once they’ve hardened and slice.
Note: if you run a knife under hot water and wipe it dry, the yumminess will slice clean and smooth.
We recommend that you keep these gems in the fridge or the freezer.