By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: August 26, 2014
Iselin Stoylen of Vegetarian Taste really sums things up when she says, “Sometimes all you want is a huge bowl of greens to nourish your body.” If you’re craving a hearty yet simple salad full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, omega 3’s, enzymes, fiber and COLOR you’ve come to the right recipe. Summer may be nearly over but while it’s still here be sure to take advantage of all the freshness and life around you!
- a few handfuls of washed and chopped kale
- half a red bell pepper
- one carrot
- half a cucumber
- a few cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seed oil (cold-pressed)
- a few edible flowers (I dehydrated mine before serving)
- himalayan sea salt
1. Add the chopped kale to a bowl.
2. Slice the other vegetables and add to the salad.
3. Drizzle over raisins, pumpkin- and flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, the edible flowers and some himalayan sea salt.
Serve as a lunch or dinner with tea or green juice.