By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: August 5, 2013
Petite and delectable raw chocolate nut butter truffle bites by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish rolled in a dark chocolate glaze. A sprinkling of Himalayan crystal salt adds the perfect finishing touch!
Yield: 15-20 truffles
- 1.5c of (pitted) medjool dates
- 1/2c of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2c of nuts or seeds or a combo of both (today we used almonds and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2c of Dastony organic nut or seed butter (today we used almond butter)
- 1/4c of raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Put all of the ingredients into your food processor and whiz away until everything is smooth-ish. Hard work for the processor!
2) Remove the blade from the processor and take about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball (or an oval – whatever works for you) and place them on a plate.
3) Place them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes before smothering them in some glorious dark chocolate.
4) Place one raw dark chocolate bar (in pieces) in a stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water until just melted. Keep the heat on low so that the chocolate doesn’t burn!
5) Once the chocolate has just melted, add in teaspoon of coconut oil and remove from the heat.
6) One ‘truffle’ at time… drop it into the chocolate and roll it around to ensure every bit is covered.
7) Use a teaspoon to remove the truffle from the chocolate and place them on parchment.
8) Sprinkle a little bit of himalayan salt if you like.