By Chef: Kibby Miller
Posted: December 26, 2013
A deliciously savory and robustly flavored raw blended soup by Kibby Miller of Kibby’s Blended Life , her take on a recipe originally found on Choosing Raw. Fresh and sun dried tomatoes blend with bell peppers, celery, fresh cilantro, a splash of citrus for that added tang, and spices of cumin, chili, paprika, and garlic. Oh, and don’t forget that avocado, it’s essential to create the soup’s signature creamy texture. Diced veggies of your choice can be added at the end (tomato, avocado, corn kernels, more cilantro, etc.). Add broken flax crackers as a raw alternative to tortilla chips! A healthy, fresh, and low fat recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 large red/orange/ yellow bell peppers (or mix them up), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, packed
- 2 large stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 TB. lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 TB. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic (you can use less, I just LOVE it!)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 avocado – to thicken
1) Blend all ingredients (minus the avocado – you’ll put that in last!) in a high speed blender – I use a Vitamix – until smooth.
2) Add the avocado and blend again. This soup can be served room temperature or let the blender run several minutes and serve piping hot. The avocado is added last so that the soup doesn’t turn into a mousse.
3) Adjust seasoning and flavors to taste.
4) Pour into bowls and top with chopped veggies of choice.