By Chef: Audrey Snowe
Posted: January 26, 2016
This raw cheesecake is like a tropical summer party for your palate. It’s light and refreshing with its beautiful exotic fruity accents — a great way to enjoy these two fruits when they’re in season.
P.S. If you like this cake and want more, or if you want to support the art of raw and wholesome dessert crafting, be sure to have a look at Unconventional Treats, where you’ll find plenty more!
Yield: 6” OR 7” CAKE
- 1 1/4 cups almonds
- 6 soft medjool dates, pitted 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 6 tbsp agave
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup de-seeded guava fruit
- pulp from 2 passion fruits
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- edible dried rose petals, lavender, and jasmine flowers
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumble in a food processor.
- Transfer into a 7” removable bottom tart pan (or 6” springform pan) and press down into a crust, slightly going up the edges all around to seal the base.
- Blend all cheesecake layer ingredients together into a smooth mixture in a high speed blender. Pour this mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle with dried flowers. freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Enjoy! Store leftovers in the freezer. Thaw out on the counter a little for a creamier texture.